Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why people should.....

Why people should teach Shakespeare:

ROMEO
With love’s light wings did I o'erperch these walls,


Teacher: What animal is Romeo comparing himself to?

Class:

Teacher: Come on what animal has wings?

Elma: An angel?

Urv: A fly?

Frank: A cow?

Elma: Oh my God I am SO through with this class.

Why people should teach sixth graders after a long day with the above tenth grade class:


Cute sixth grade girl whose name I can't remember yet: They told me you were a very boring teacher but you're funny!


Why people should ride the public bus after a long, long day with above:


Me: Can you move your book bag so I can sit on the seat?

Bookbag young man: (after getting up and letting me sit) Can't you sit on another seat? Can't you move to the back of the bus? Can't you stand?

Me: I could do all those things, but didn't your mom teach you to give a seat to your elders? You're young and healthy.

BYM: Are you calling me ugly?

Me: No healthy, you look strong and handsome to me.

BYM: Handsome- can I have your number?

Me: You could but rumor has it I'm very boring!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I really loved your blog!!!
    Well, can you please follow my blog??
    My blog is in portuguese but I do speak English!
    Please follow and comment (you can comment in English) I’ll understand…
    Thank a lott!!!
    Kisses xxxxxx
    Alice Dias

    http://coisassoparameninasfofis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete