Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Back from Vacation

We're back.

Uriah reported on his trip to the Bahamas.
I bought a new bronzer- that's some blush related powder targeted for a community of darker skins than mine.(There is a 24 hour drugstore between the morning bus stop and the school and I have the need to spend my money before 7:30 am)
Everyone told me how tan I looked- I took the compliment and attributed it to lying around my deck (why give away my beauty secrets?)

But Edison- he went to church, the dentist and his imagination.
And he showed us some pretty neat drawings.  It was a great vacation apparently.

And probably cheaper than my bronzer.

PS- after all that has been written recently about the awful consequences of accusations of verbal abuse bad the suffering it causes teachers,  I responded to Uriah's late afternoon boisterousness with the line
"I'm gonna kick you back to the Bahamas!"

Uriah's mouth dropped and then, "I would love for you to do that Ms. Teacherfish."

We're back.


1 comment:

  1. Could you hear me hooting?

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete